Volunteer with us
Artlift’s Volunteer Scheme was launched during national Volunteers Week 1– 7 June 2021! we now have a dedicated team of individuals who play a vital role in making a difference to the health and wellbeing of our participants.
At present we are in the lucky position of having all of our roles filled, but do keep checking here as we have volunteer recruitment drives for specific roles as we need people to bring skills to our team.
Here are some examples of the different roles volunteers help us with:
- Assistant Facilitator: supporting our artists in hosting and delivering sessions online and face to face
- Participant Enabler: supporting participants and alumni to access our online and/or face-to-face courses and/or to sustain their post-Artlift participant led ‘Move On’ groups
- Assistant to Executive Director: support with fundraising, research, marketing and/or core administration
- Administration underpinning our referrals, monitoring and wellbeing surveys
What we offer in return
- Personal reward in providing uplifting support to people living through health challenges
- A highly experienced Volunteer Manager who will work with you to set progression goals if you wish, supported by a tailored training and development plan (including access to courses and in-house training or coaching with our team where appropriate)
- Hands-on experience supporting your career or personal goals in Creative Health practice and/or invaluable Charity development skills such as marketing, fundraising and office administration.
- Where appropriate, opportunities to attend meetings and events, expanding your social and/or career development networks. Click here to find out more about our partners.
- A reference for prospective employers or university where needed
- Reimbursed out of pocket expenses
Equality and Diversity
We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, skills and stories to join us and influence and develop our working practice. By taking positive action around diversity (as permitted in the Equality Act 2010), we will guarantee interviews to eligible candidates who meet the minimum criteria (the Person Specifications laid out in the Volunteer Application Pack) and self-identify with any of the following groups that we have identified as underrepresented in ours and the wider Creative Health sector workforce:
- Volunteers from Black, Asian and minoritised ethnic backgrounds
- Volunteers with disabilities
- LGBT+ volunteers
- Young people 18 – 30 years old
- Volunteers with lived experience of the challenges faced by our participants: mental health issues, chronic pain and/or cancer
How to apply
At present we are in the lucky position of having all of our roles filled, but do keep checking here as we have volunteer recruitment drives for specific roles as we need people to bring skills to our team. We are always happy to chat to you about potential volunteering!
Please read our pack, which has more details of roles and terms, complete the application form and return it to email@example.com with VOLUNTEER APPLICATION in the subject line.
If you need to apply in a different way, or you have some questions before applying, please don’t hesitate to contact Amabel Mortimer on 03000 200 102 / firstname.lastname@example.org.