What We Do
Artlift provides Arts on Prescription courses and multi-arts projects through which participants can move into a different space in their minds and/or in life. We work closely with our participants on Move On plans to enable them to self-sustain creative activities and, thereby, wellbeing.
We are a specialist creative health charity co-producing projects and courses for people living with mental health challenges, long-term chronic pain, who are living with or moving on from cancer and/or with other associated conditions or wellbeing challenges. Find out more about Arts on Prescription…
Sector Development & Workplace Wellbeing services
Artlift works to support development and diversification of the Creative Health sector through consortium, alliance and partnership working, publication of articles, and input into academic and other papers.
We provide services to help expand and diversify the sector including residencies, consultancy and training. This enables other counties / organisations to develop their own Creative Health and Arts on Prescription offers.
Additionally we impact positively on health, corporate and/or statutory or arts sector workforces through provision of Workplace Wellbeing packages. Read more below…….
Providing Artist residencies and consultancy through which to grow knowledge, expertise and confidence in delivery of Arts on Prescription in other areas or by emerging Creative Health service providers.
Impact on sector development
As one of the longest-running Arts on Prescription providers in the UK, Artlift actively seeks to ensure our learning and expertise is shared. Below are some examples of how we do this:
- Providing Artist residencies and consultancy through which to grow knowledge, expertise and confidence in delivery of Arts on Prescription in other areas (e.g. through a Public Health supported partnership in Wiltshire)
- A 15+ year relationship with the University of Gloucestershire, who regularly analyse our shared data and public papers. Click here to see some of the papers and reports on Artlift
- Contributing to national events and studies that advance thinking in the sector, e.g. the MARCH Network 2019 Arts on Prescription conference at the Royal Society of Public Health
- Working with partners and consortia to share and push forwards best practice, including:
- Gloucestershire Creative Health Consortium
- A nationalnetwork of Arts & Mental Health focused providers led by Arts Network
- Find out more about our partners.
Are you a potential participant?
If you are an individual living in Gloucestershire and would like to put yourself forward for either our Create Well or ICU Leavers programmes, please...
Are you a health professional?
If you are a health, VCSE or social prescribing professional, or are working with a patient / service user who could benefit from Arts on Prescription please...